ClickDotMailer Anti-Spam policy only permits our customers to send to their own direct contacts with whom they have pre-existing relationships. We do not permit the use of purchased, rented, harvested, appended, or third-party lists with our service. If you do not have your own list(s) of those who have a direct existing relationship, we wouldn’t be the service for you.
At ClickDotMailer , we are aware of our responsibilities as a good Internet citizen and are dedicated to protecting the privacy rights of other Internet citizens. We vigorously oppose the sending of unsolicited email (spam).
ClickDotMailer does not allow anyone to use our services for the purpose of sending spam. We refuse business from known spammers. If a current ClickDotMailer customer uses our services to spam anyone, that customer’s service contract will be voided without refund.
If a recipient calls our offices and requests to be manually removed from a customer’s list, we will manually unsubscribe the recipient from the customer’s account.
There are three ways by which a customer may violate this Anti-Spam policy:
- By sending spam.
- By not responding properly to an inquiry from a ClickDotMailer staff member about the source of a particular email list or email address.
- By sending to a recipient that has previously unsubscribed from your account.
- ClickDotMailer may determine at its sole discretion whether a customer is spamming. There are a number of factors ClickDotMailer uses to determine whether a customer is spamming, including, but not limited to: complaints sent to abuse report addresses, SpamCop reports, complaints sent to any of ClickDotMailer upstream providers, and evaluating a customer’s email statistics and recipient addresses. Decisions made by ClickDotMailer personnel regarding a customer’s use of ClickDotMailer are final.
Regrettably, we cannot accept business from any company with emailing practices that would create a negative delivery reputation for ClickDotMailer. We also cannot accept companies in industries known for receiving a high volume of SPAM complaints. This includes, but is not limited to the following mass mailer industries:
- MLM Marketing
- Make Money From Home Offers
- Personal Escort and Similar Services
- Adult Industry
The following industries are taken under special limitations and requirements:
- Online Gambling
- Lead Generation
If you are in one of these industries and have questions about whether you qualify, contact a ClickDotMailer representative to discuss your situation.
More about Spam
Definition of Spam
Spam is unsolicited email sent in bulk. Any promotion, information or solicitation that is sent to a person via email without their prior consent, where there is no pre-existing relationship between the sender and the recipient, is spam.
Examples of Spam
- 1. Any email message that is sent to a recipient who had previously signed up to receive newsletters, product information or any other type of bulk email but later opted-out by indicating to the sender that they did not want to receive additional email, is spam.
- 2. Any email message that is sent to recipients that have had no prior association with the organization or did not agree to be emailed by the organization is spam.
- 3. Any mass email campaign that is sent to a recipient without a way for a person to opt-out or request that future mailings not be sent to them, is spam.
- 4. Any email message that does not have a valid email address in the From Line is spam.
- 5. Any email message that contains any false or misleading information in the header, subject line or message itself is spam.
- 6. Any email that says you can earn $1000s each week from home is spam.
- 7. Any email message that promotes an adult website is spam, unless the recipient has specifically requested information from that website.
- 8. Any message that contains “ADV:”, “ADV ADLT:”, or “ADV ADULT” in the subject is spam.
- 9. Any message that is sent to email addresses that have been harvested off of websites, newsgroups, or other areas of the Internet is spam.
- 10. Any message that is sent to email addresses that have been gathered via “email appending”, also known as, e-pending, is spam. E-pending is the practice of merging a database of customer information that lacks email addresses for the customers with a third party’s database of email addresses in an attempt to match the email addresses with the information in the initial database.
What is not Spam
- An email message is NOT spam if the recipient in any way requested email be sent to them from the sender or the sender’s organization.
- Anytime an organization sends a mass email message to one of its customers, it is NOT spam provided that the organization offers a way for the customer to opt-out of future mailings and that the customer did not previously opt-out.
- An email message is NOT spam when sent to recipients who agreed to receive information or promotions from a partner organization (as long as there is a clear opt-out option).
- Any customer that sends spam is in violation of this Anti-Spam policy.
The Complaint Response Process
How we deal with complaints
Even though a customer may not be sending spam, complaints may still be received by ClickDotMailer from a customer’s recipients. It is ClickDotMailer policy to respond individually to every complaint, so that the complainant knows his/her address was not harvested, sold, rented, or otherwise improperly added to a customer’s lists. The ClickDotMailer Abuse staff takes the following steps anytime a complaint is received:
- Contact the Email Manager for the customer’s account with a ClickDotMailer Abuse Inquiry. This inquiry will ask the customer to confirm the email address source, in general, and also to provide all specific information available regarding the particular email address in question. Customers should respond within two business days of receiving an Abuse Inquiry from ClickDotMailer.
Failure to respond to the Abuse Inquiry is in itself a violation of this policy. Failure to provide all requested information about the email address in question is a violation of this policy. The customer may not respond directly to the complainant without prior approval from the ClickDotMailer Abuse staff.
- The ClickDotMailer Abuse team reviews the customer’s response and the entire complaint and determines whether or not the customer is in compliance with this policy.
- ClickDotMailer will respond to the complainant. As long as the customer has been adhering to this policy, ClickDotMailer will simply respond to the complainant letting him know how he opted in to receive emailings and reassure him that his email address has been unsubscribed from future mailings. We carbon copy the customer on our response to the complainant.
- Should the customer be found to be in violation of this policy, the customer will receive a spam determination response from our Abuse team with specific information related to the violation.
Want to make a complaint? email us at email@example.com or write to us at 3505 Tenmile, Fleming Island, Florida – 32003 USA
Why do we respond individually to every complaint?
We need to make sure that we serve our customers in the best way possible. Proper response to spam complaints is essential to ensuring our reputation with email providers all over the world. If ClickDotMailer is used to send spam or if we do not respond to spam complaints to inform the complainants that they did indeed sign up for our customer’s emailings, then we risk tainting our relationship with ISPs around the world and having our servers blocked by them.
We are here to help our customers maximize the effectiveness of their emailings, educate them as to the best email practices, and help them to avoid spam complaints.
Required Elements on Every Mass Email
If ClickDotMailer is used to transmit a mass email campaign as opposed to single-recipient transactional email, the email message must contain:
– A single click unsubscribe mechanism, such as the default ClickDotMailer unsubscribe link
– The sender’s postal address
– A custom unsubscribe link may be used in place of the ClickDotMailer default link only after it has been tested by a ClickDotMailer support representative and monitored for a period of time to ensure proper adherence.
To pose questions about this Anti-Spam Policy, or to report spamming activity by one of our customers, please contact our abuse department at:firstname.lastname@example.org